Monday, April 27, 2009

Well, now the bride and groom think I am going a little overboard. We had decided that it was a good idea to go around the corner from the County Clerks office after the ceremony to Gram's house to have a toast to the newlyweds and that perhaps there could be a small cake. So yesterday afternoon I took it upon myself to go to this darling cupcake bakery in Cotati called Sift and order about 18 assorted cupcakes for the gathering. Later informing my son that I had done this he was a little annoyed with me, felt that having cake was unnecessary. So to CYA (cover my ass) I reminded him that it is also his father's 55th birthday that day and maybe we need to acknowledge this as well. Whew, that was agreeable and now I'm back to knowing my place so to speak as the mom in law. Only 48 hours to go until it's over...

No comments: