Saturday, June 27, 2009

Quote for the ending of June

I actually realize that the end of June is a few more days away but todays blog title sounded kind of dramatic and I'm in a bit of a melodramatic mood. All week I have asked myself if I could be brave enough to do what the Iranian people are doing to stand up to the powers that be in their country. If I could be as stand up as the reporters who only were doing what they felt was right in Korea. And I am no news junkie let me tell you but the world is so much smaller with facebook and webnews and everything that gets you breaking stories. If other people just continue to think as I do that I am just one small person what difference can I do, does that make me just a spectator in the world theater? I think I have to end this month with a promise to myself that I will continue to try harder to be someone who might make a difference even perhaps in a small way but the way to begin is take that step and start somewhere. Ok enough rambling, have a great weekend all of you.

"I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom"
Bob Dylan

No comments: