Friday, August 21, 2009

No plot, no problem...

I've been helping my friend Marlene collect the fees at the door of her 3rd Thursday of the month Writers Forums for about a year now. I really look forward to these gatherings, a melding of the minds of other creative writers in our area and she always has a very good presenter to spiel on great info to help us in our craft. Last night was perticularly fun. The presenter was Chris Baty who puts on the NANOWRIMO website every year during Nation Novel Writing Month in November. Now, I'm far from a novel writer and in fact am in awe of the novelist I have the pleasure of reading and knowing. But I am now the proud owner of the book "No Plot, No Problem", not because I expect that I can write the great American novel, but because I now have a momento of a hysterical evening with my new crush, Chris Baty. Ok, he's probably young enough to be my kid, but what a darling, funny guy. I laughed til I cried, maybe you had to be there. Anyway, I can't say enough about this cute guy. So if you feel the pull of creative writing, check out nanowrimo.org or google Chris Baty, it will be worth your time.

1 comment:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out. I'm in the middle of the novel I'm writing and I'm having a blast. Call me if you're in the area and we can grab a cup of coffee together.