Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Insomnia and family drama...

Here I thought that after I got through July and all the activities I was a participent in, things would be less dramatic. Oh contrare, or however the hell you spell that. July recap, boonie cabin over 4th, Sister's quilt show a week later, 35th class reunion towards month end. Cabin restful, Oregon a blast with bff, little sis and 5 other funny women, class reunion casual, fun yet bitter sweet. From all of that do you think I came home bursting with words to pour onto the page? Well, one could hope but with new stuff like the prodigal son now preparing to head out to be a sailor with the US navy, daughter in law having a few family issues of her own (no one told me that when you get a newbie to the family not only do you get to worry over them but you now have their siblings to wring you out as well), and a much looked forward to upcoming Labor Day weekend going away party for the above mentioned sailor with the Oregon clan shot down the tubes by a certain person who shall remain nameless (initials are PAM), guess not meant to be. So I sit here at 3:30 am, spiral notebook by my side with nary a wisp of story to scribble down. Maybe after all this time when I've thought summer was my favorite season, I'm wishfull thinking of fall and what new leaves may turn for me at August end.

2 comments:

Tricia McWhorter said...

Sounds like a VERY busy summer. Let me know when you're up this way and we can maybe grab a cup of coffee together.

laura D said...

SNAP out of it SIS !!!!! : ) !!!